Monday, 17 October 2011

Sods law

Well Neil and Sam turned up this morning, after showing them the clip I recorded on my phone on Friday of the noise we have from the stern gland, Sam checked everything and could find nothing wrong.  We ran the engine in gear whilst tied up, still nothing, so despite the weather (very windy) we decided to go out for a while.  We cruised towards Crick to the first winding hole and back, sods law, nothing, not one little knock.  We are all bemused, especially John and I as it was so bad on Friday.  The only thing we can do is take her out for a couple of days and see how it goes, but the weather forecast is for high winds for the next few days so we might have to wait until next week as we have some other commitments at the end of this week.

Sunday, 16 October 2011

A quick trip unfortunately

On Friday we set off, on a lovely autumn morning.  Unfortunately the problem with the stern gland was soon in evidence, so we had a very short trip up to the first winding hole and returned to the marina.  Neil from Beacon and the engineer are due at 9:30 in the morning and we will know more after tomorrow, if it is necessary we have a dry dock booked for Friday morning at Crick.

Its been a lovely weekend, we walked into Crick along the canal, there was a few narrow boats on the move enjoying the good weather, and today we had a visit from Pip & Roger from NB Windsong, it was really good to see them and catch up on their travels and swap funny stories from over the summer.

This afternoon we had an unexpected fly pass from the vulcan, unfortunately the pictures are not very good as it was nearly over by the time I got the camera.






Vulcan (nearly missed it!) 


 Sunset over the marina


One of the carp in the marina

Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Fingers Crossed & a little bit more

Kinver Canopies came on Tuesday to fit the tonneau cover to Triskaideka, we ordered this a couple of weeks ago and are really pleased with it.  They have made use of as many of possible fixings that hold the pram hood.  Also Neil from Beacon Boats and Scott from Soar Mechanical Services came out to look at the problems we have been having.  The exhaust has been adjusted, the engine serviced and the stern gland tweaked, hopefully (fingers crossed) this will solve the problems.  We are hoping to head out on Friday to cruise for a few days and to test the adjustments.  Due to stoppages we are going to cruise to Foxton and back.